You wouldn’t need to go to the gym if you have a treadmill in your home. The home used treadmills are means for portable, easy to use, and budget-friendly as compared to gym treadmills.
I have prepared a list of 11 best treadmills for home use in India. Before buying a treadmill you must consider a few factors.
- Your impact weight as a rule of thumb adds 20 kg to the rated maximum weight capacity of the treadmill.Consider the weight of the heaviest person in your family if more than one persons are going to use the treadmill.
- Motor Hp Higher is better, but if on a budget go for at least 1.5 CHP(continuous horsepower) rating instead of the misleading maximum horsepower.
- Dimensions of the running surface The running belt should be at least 16 inches wide and 48 inches long if you are below 6 feet, for people taller than 6 feet the dimensions should be 52-inch length and width so that you do not feel cramped for room.
T900B from the house of Decathlon is a treadmill providing a wide deck of 57”x20”. The T900B is the only treadmill in the list where you will get a 10-year availability of spares.
The Treadmill has 32 programs and comes with Bluetooth connectivity, hence you can enjoy hands-free music.
T900B provides you with features such as heart rate sensors on a handrail, easy folding and unfolding system, auto incline and auto lubrication.
The max user weight is 130 kg, hence a person with 110 kg weight can use it easily. Maximum Speed is 0-18 km/ hr. Warranty is 2 years on motor and 5 years on frame.
Pros of Decathlon Domyos T900B IN TREADMILL
- Wide Running deck:- 57”x20”
- Wide service network of more than 60 stores
- Create a customized workout plan with the Domyos Plan
- Spares are available for 10 years,
Cons of Decathlon Domyos T900B IN TREADMILL
- The small motor of 1.3 Hp
Check out – Best exercise cycle in India
The Cockatoo CTM-01 comes with a 3.5 Hp motor capacity having a max. Speed of 0-20 km/hr and a max user weight capacity of 130 kg.
CTM-01 has a large screen of 10.1” and a wide running deck of 57”x23”. You get a massager free with the CTM-01 and you get Wi-Fi connectivity with theCTM-01.
The CTM-01 comes with features such as auto incline, auto lubrication, heart rate sensors on a handrail , easy folding and unfolding system and music through aux cable.
The CTM-01 comes with an internal memory of 4GB which ensures that you can save your favorite playlist on the treadmill. Warranty is 3 years on the motor and lifetime on the frame.
Pros of Cockatoo CTM-01 Semi Commercial 3.5 HP Motorised Treadmill
- Wide Running surface
- Large motor 3.5 HP
- The internal memory of 4GB and wi-fi connectivity
- Large display screen 10.1”
- Freebies such as Massager, dumbells free with the CTM-01 treadmill.
Cons of Cockatoo CTM-01 Semi Commercial 3.5 HP Motorised Treadmill
- The dimensions are huge you will need a lot of space 4.75×1.9 feet for this machine.
- Only 12 preset programs
Durafit heavy hike is a strong and sturdy frame treadmill with a 2.5 CHP motor and a wide running area of 50”x19”. You will get 48 pre-loaded programs which are tailored according to your exercise needs.
Durafit Heavy Hike has a speed range of 1-16 km/hr and the heart rate sensor is provided on the handrails.
The treadmill has a special friction coating so that you don’t slip while running and the Dura spring technology gives added cushion to your knees while running.
The maximum user weight rating is 120 Kg.
Pros of Durafit Heavy Hike Motorized Foldable Treadmill
- A high number of preset programs(48)
- Anti silp coating and good shock absorption capacity
- Wide running area (50”x19”)
- Target mode provided – set and chase targets, making exercise more fun
Cons of Durafit Heavy Hike Motorized Foldable Treadmill
- No auto lubrication
#4. Reebok One GT40 Treadmill
Reebok one GT40 comes with a 2HP motor and can sustain up to 110 kg max user weight. GT40 has a maximum speed range of 16 km/hr and a wide running area of 51”x17”.
GT40 comes with 16 pre-set programs. 7” LCD display screen comes with handlebar controls for speed and incline. GT 40 has features like auto incline, auto lubrication, heart rate sensors on a handrail, easy folding and unfolding system and music through aux cable.
GT40 has a 3-year warranty on motor and 2-year warranty on body and other parts.
Pros of Reebok One GT40 Treadmill
- ONE Series cushioning(it is a system of cushioning which will easy on your feet and knees, arguably the best cushioning in the list.
- 7” LCD screen
- 12 level incline
- Wide running area of 51” x 17”
Cons of Reebok One GT40 Treadmill
- High price
#5. Nordictrack T9.2 iFit Live Treadmill
NORDICTRACK T 9.2 makes exercising interesting with its unique I-FIT live software which uses google maps to simulate the running experience of any locality in the world including tracks such as the great wall of china.
The T.9.2 comes with a max user weight capacity of 150 kg which means it can support a 130 kg runner easily. Wide running deck of 55”x 20”. The speed range is 0-20 Km/h. The T9.2 has a motor capacity of 2.25 CHP. The T9.2 has 20 pre-set programs.
The T9.2 includes features like auto incline, auto lubrication, easy folding and unfolding system and music through aux cable.
Pros of Nordictrack T9.2 Treadmill
- Wide running surface of 55”x20”
- It uses IFIT live, a software that is easily the best in the business want to run on the great wall of China this treadmill will make it possible for more details you can watch this short video (only 2:28 min )
- High max user weight capacity of 150 kg.
- 6” backlit LCD display
Cons of Nordictrack T9.2 Treadmill
- Only a 1-year warranty on the motor and other parts
#6. Sole SF85T Treadmill
The Sole SF85T comes with a 4 CHP motor and a wide running deck of 60×22”. The SF85T comes with BlueTooth so that you can hear songs without the hassles of wires.
Sole offers 5-year motor warranty on the SF85T which is best in the business. Max available speed is 18 km/hr and max. user weight is 150 kg.
The sole SF85T comes with all the standard features like auto incline, auto lubrication, easy folding and unfolding system and music through aux cable.
Pros of Sole SF85T Treadmill
- Its cushioning system provides 40% better cushioning as compared to running on asphalt
- 2 hrs continuous duty is possible on the sole SF85T
- Widest running deck of 60”x22” in the list
- Customizable workout through sole fit app
- Chest strap for heart rate monitoring
- The big screen size of 10.1”
Cons of Sole SF85T Treadmill
- Sole lacks of wide network of authorized service centers in India
- High price
Also read – Best elliptical cross trainer in India
#7. Powermax Fitness TDA-595 4.0 Hp Treadmill
If you want more value for money then this machine includes some freebies like massager, twister, dumbbells.
Its BMI fat function enables you to check whether your body fat is decreasing in line with your goals as body fat is a better indicator of health.
The TDA 595 provides a Lifetime Frame Warranty, 3-year motor Warranty, and 1-Year Parts & Labor Warranty. The maximum user weight TDA 595 can take is 150 kg and it can crank up speeds up to 18.8 km/hr.
Pros of Powermax Fitness TDA-595 4.0 Hp Treadmill
- Big 18.5” big OLED display
- 6 point shock absorption system
- BMI FAT Function, 12 Pre-set Programs , 3 User-defined & 3 Target based Modes
- Wide running deck of 54” x 22”
Cons of Powermax Fitness TDA-595 4.0 Hp Treadmill
- The heart rate sensor is on an awkward position (on the joystick just below the touch screen) making it difficult to monitor your heart rate while running
#8. Cardio Max JSB HF75 2.5HP (5HP Peak) Fitness Motorized Treadmill
The JSB HF75 from the house of powermaxx is a 2.5 CHP treadmill with a peak power of 5HP.
The HF75 has a wide running deck of 55”x20”, can support max weight up to 110 kg and has a max. Speed of 20 km/hr. The HF75 comes with a 1-year warranty on the motor and other parts and has a 15 level auto incline feature.
The HF75 has features like auto incline, auto lubrication, heart rate sensors on handrail, easy folding and unfolding system and music through aux cable.
Pros of Cardio Max JSB HF75 2.5HP (5HP Peak) Fitness Motorized Treadmill
- European style display which is a very big display and different from other treadmills in the list makes viewing stats pretty easy.
- Wide running deck of 55”x20”
Cons of Cardio Max JSB HF75 2.5HP (5HP Peak) Fitness Motorized Treadmill
- Only 1-year warranty on the motor and other spares.
- Only 12 preset programs
Also check out – best home gym equipment in India
#9. Powermax Fitness TDA-125 (2.0 Hp) Motorized Treadmill
The Powermax Fitness TDA-125 is a 2 CHP treadmill with 4HP max power. The max user weight is 115 Kg and the max speed is 14 km/hr.
The TDA-125 gives you a 3-year warranty on the motor with a lifetime warranty on the frame. The TDA-125 allows you to record your workout with a SMART RUN function and also to measure your BMI.
TDA-125 has a good wide running deck of 49.6”x16.5” and has all the features like auto incline, auto lubrication, heart rate sensors on the handrail, easy folding and unfolding system and music through aux cable.
Pros of Powermax Fitness TDA-125 (2.0 Hp) Motorized Treadmill
- BMI fat function to calculate your body fat percentage
- Dual Shock Spring with Comfort Tech 6-Point Damping System(softer on your knees)
- Mobile & Tablet Holder for safekeeping your smart devices while running.
Cons of Powermax Fitness TDA-125 (2.0 Hp) Motorized Treadmill
- Only 12 preset programs
#10. Fitkit FT200 Series Motorized Treadmill
The Fitkit FT200 Series is a 2.25CHP treadmill which gives you a speed range of 16km/hr speed.
The FT200 has a max user weight of 110 kg and the belt dimensions are 48”x16.5”.
The FT200 comes with a 3-year frame warranty and 1-year warranty on motor and rest of the parts.
Freebies like twister, dumbbells and sit up bar mean you have the versatility of exercises to decrease that belly fat.
The FT200 has features like auto incline, auto lubrication, heart rate sensors on a handrail , easy folding and unfolding system and music through aux cable.
Pros of Fitkit FT200 Series Motorized Treadmill
- Free installation
- Hydraulic soft drop system
Cons of Fitkit FT200 Series Motorized Treadmill
- Only 12 preset programs
- A Comparatively less wide running deck
#11. Leeway NB-TR8 Manual Treadmill
The TR-8 is a decent manual treadmill with a wide running deck of 52×16”. Max user weight that the TR-8 can sustain is 180 kg.
The warranty period for the TR-8 is 6 months.
Pros of Leeway NB-TR8 Manual Treadmill
- Wide running deck of 52”x16”
- High max weight capacity
Cons of Leeway NB-TR8 Manual Treadmill
- The warranty period is less
- No cushioning system
For people who love to use technology to their advantage the Nordictrack T9.2, sole F85T treadmill is recommended.
For people facing knee problems, the Reebok ONE GT40 treadmill is recommended.
For people who want an all-round package at an economical cost Durafit, Powermaxx and Fitkit treadmills are recommended.